The running tally from the foreclosure-review payments: More than 1.8 million people have cashed or deposited almost $1.7 billion in checks through May 2, 2013, regulators said.
Rust Consulting sent out the fourth wave of 233,404 checks totaling more than $224 million on Friday stemming from the scrapped Independent Foreclosure Review.
That brings the total number of checks sent since April 12 to more than 3.9 million worth $3.4 billion.
“A final wave of checks that required additional information from the borrower will be issued during the summer,” said the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, without offering a specific date or amount.
Meanwhile, IFR borrowers have started at least two online petitions seeking to have the foreclosure reviews reinstated or re-evaluated. One is at Change.org, the other is at the White House petitions webpage.
Both sites have gathered hundreds of signatures since the foreclosure settlement checks, most of which are for hundreds of dollars, began arriving in mailboxes last month.
The OCC said borrowers with questions regarding payments should contact Rust Consulting, the paying agent, at 1-888-952-9105, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-10 p.m. ET or Saturday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. ET.
- Democrats Push for ‘Independent Monitor’ Over Foreclosure-Review Deal
- Online Petition Seeks to Reinstate Foreclosure Reviews
- Foreclosure-Review Borrowers Grappling with Credit Reports
- Mystery Deepens Over ‘Error Rates’ of Foreclosure Reviews
- Borrowers Mull ‘Class Action’ as Foreclosure Review Checks Arrive