The new Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature card, in partnership with Chase, will be offered exclusively to Amazon Prime members. It offers a 5 percent back on all Amazon.com purchases, and 2 percent back at restaurants, gas stations, and drugstores. It also grants 1 percent back on every other purchase, the companies said in a press release Wednesday.
Amazon currently offers a rewards credit card to all account holders with 3 percent back on all Amazon.com purchases. Prime members with this card will be upgraded to the new card — made with metal, similar to the popular Chase Sapphire Reserve card — and start earning rewards immediately.
Those who are not eligible Prime members will now benefit from no foreign transaction fees and a refreshed card design, in addition to 3 percent back at Amazon.com, 2 percent back at restaurants, gas stations and drugstores, and 1 percent back on every other purchase. You can join Amazon Prime to earn 5 percent back at http://amazon.com/prime.
The new Amazon-Chase rewards card follows Chase’s announcement last week that it was cutting its 100,000-point sign-up bonus in half for the Chase Sapphire Reserve, effective January 12.
Here’s a summary of the key benefits of the new Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card:
- 5% Back on all Amazon.com purchases
- 2% Back at restaurants, gas stations and drugstores
- 1% Back on all other purchases
- No cap on rewards earned
- Rewards never expire and are redeemable on hundreds of millions of products at Amazon.com
- No foreign transaction fees when traveling abroad or for cross-border shopping
- No annual credit card fee
- Zero fraud liability
- Benefits including travel and purchase protections, as well as 24/7 concierge service, through Visa Signature